Thursday, September 25, 2014

Signed, sealed, and delivered!

I spent most of Tuesday checking and re-checking out the front window to see if there was a FedEx truck in front of our house yet.  Our LOA (letter of Approval) was sent overnight from our agency on Monday.  Each time I heard a loud engine outside, I ran for the window!  Finally, around 2:30 p.m., that beautiful white truck pulled up to the curb and I grabbed the camera and ran for the door.

I definitely scared the poor delivery man!  He was walking up the driveway when I came flying out of the house and eagerly asked if I could take his picture.  His response was guarded.  I'm pretty sure his thought was, "why is this crazy lady asking for a picture of me?"  He casually turned me down and blamed it on some "trouble" they have been having with that lately.  I thanked him anyway and watched as he started to walk back to his truck.  He suddenly turned back and asked, "what is that anyway?"  I told him (with tears building in my eyes) it was the approval letter for us to adopt our daughter.  He half smiled and said, "Oh, okay, I'll do it!"  Then he posed so sweetly for this picture!


As I came inside and shut the door, the emotions overwhelmed me!  I couldn't hold back the tears as I looked at this official document I was holding.  This one piece of paper represents months (almost 11 months) of paperwork, fingerprinting, waiting, evaluations, home study meetings, prayer, more waiting, emails, and applications.  It's a pretty important piece of paper!  It won't be long now until John and I will board a plane and fly across the Pacific Ocean to meet our new little girl!  We are told to expect to travel in as little as 8 weeks from now!

As I write this update, Emsley is probably deep asleep (it is 2 a.m. in China).  She has no idea the celebration that is taking place in our hearts right now.  She is so deeply loved and I pray that one day she will understand how precious she is and how much she is loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment